Jason Forrest


This guy, Jason Forrest, has been my newest musical find over the past few days. I think he's got some really cool ripped up, glitch rocky stuff going down and I like his methods of sample selecting. I just picked up two of his albums and they both rip apart old rock songs from the 70's including Styx, Elton Jon, and many others.

I would love to make music like this guy for sure. More stuff to come I suppose. I'll mention more about him when I have more time.

Go check the pitchfork article on his latest album. I also found a video of his here and a nice interview with him on CBC's Brave New Waves here. The CBC interview was done in 2003 I think and it only slightly mentions his albums.

This Jason Forrest fellow also used to go under the name Donna Summer and I believe he was urged to stop using it and his real name stuck. I'm sure this means nothing to you readers out there, but I urge you all to go out and find a copy of his music and take a listen. It's worth a listen and that's all I got to say.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New Aphex Twin Interview

WEIRDCORE tAlk